I regularly serve as a conference chairman, speaker, panel moderator and present on-stage interviews or after-dinner remarks at public and private events, from intergovernmental meetings to Fortune 500 companies. References available on request.
If you are interested in having me speak, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A few of my remarks are below:
- "Harnessing the data deluge." Keynote speech at the 33rd International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners, Mexico, City, Mexico. Nov. 2, 2011. Delivered in Prezi format; the 40-page slide presentation is here.
- "Diving into the data deluge." Keynote speech at the Oxford Digital Data Dialogue (OD3) at the Oxford Internet Institute. Sept. 21, 2011. Delivered in Prezi format; a one-page version is here.
- "Japan Must Construct the Future, Not Rebuild the Past." Keynote speech at Rebuilding Japan Conference & Charity Event, The Economist Corporate Network; Tokyo, April 14, 2011. (PDF of speech)
- "Briefing on Japan: Politics, Economy and Foreign Investment." Remarks at private gathering of The Economist Corporate Network, Embassy of Belgium in Tokyo, September 9, 2010
- "Corporate Social Responsibility: Three Words; Two Lies." Keynote Speech at The CSR Challenge Conference; Tokyo, December 8, 2008.
- "The Internet, Regulation, the Private Sector and Public Safety." Concluding remarks at the CEPT Conference, Berlin, Oct. 12, 2006. Published in The International Journal of Communication, No. 2 (2007). (PDF versions: here and IJOC)
- "The Four Myths of Modern Telecommunications," Dinner remarks at the House of Lords in London, July 12th 2006. (PDF version)
- "Digital Convergence -- or Digital Divorce?!" Remarks at McKinsey & Co. Media Practice Dinner at the Groucho Club in London on April 7, 2005. (PDF version.)
"Winning the Big Data Revolution."Keynote speech at FICO World 2013, Miami, Florida, April 30, 2013:
"Big Data: Beyond the Bull$#&%!" The Next Web, Amsterdam, April 27, 2013:
Google Book Talk in New York City, March 5, 2013:
"The Regulatory Risks of Big Data," Strata conference, San Jose, California, 29 February 2013
"Can big data save lives?," BBC World Service, "More or Less." March 24, 2013. (Radio program online here)
"Top 5 Data Tips," In the Boardroom with Lucy Marcus, Reuters TV, Febraury 13, 2013. Video here
"Mathematical Modelling," BBC Radio Start of the week, February 11, 2013. Download here.
"The Manifest Destiny of Big Data." Keynote at O'Reilly's Strata conference, London, October 1, 2012. Available here) or watch below:
Data-visualization segment on BBC News Night, September 22, 2012. Story and video is here)
Videos of some events include:
- "The Business of Big Data" Co-chair and panel moderator at The Economist's Ideas Conference, June 2011.
- "Innovation and Geography" Panel session broadcast on C-SPAN from The Economist's Ideas Conference, Berkeley, California, March 2010.
- "The Internet Stakeholders" Moderated half-day panel with Internet luinaries, at first UN Internet Governance Forum in Athens, 2006.